[ Log On ]
The Department of Lands and Planning is currently trialling the DriveSafe NT program with a focus group of 16 to 25 year olds to test the materials, resources and procedures that have been developed for the program.
DriveSafe NT is a subsidised driver (class C) education, training and licensing program for Territory drivers aged 16 to 25 years. The DriveSafe NT Program supports learner drivers across the Territory by providing an opportunity to develop the appropriate skills and knowledge to drive safely. The program provides participants with:
- face to face learner driver education, assessment and licensing
- subsidised driving lessons with registered driving instructors
- competency based driving behaviour and skills assessment by registered instructors/assessors.
- incentives to encourage program completion and support supervised driving practice
- standardised contemporary driver training course and materials.